Here are all the questions House 34 candidates Bill Thomas (R-Haines) and Jonathan Kreiss-Tomkins (D-Sitka), and Senate Q candidate Albert Kookesh (D-Angoon) answered during a 90-minute forum hosted by Sitka High School student government on Thursday, October 11, 2012.
Student government questions:
1. Prayer in school.
2. Teen pregnancy.
3. Pebble Mine.
4. Oil taxes.
5. Oil development in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR).
6. Domestic violence and suicide.
7. Gun control.
8. Same-sex marriage.
9. Abortion rights.
In-person and radio audience questions:
1. Sen. Kookesh and Sealaska.
2. Kreiss-Tomkins and Rep. Thomas on early education.
3. State income tax.
4. Affordable Care Act.
5. Privatization of public lands in Southeast Alaska by Sealaska and others.