Raven Radio is hiring a Program Coordinator! This position is responsible for making the radio sound good, and works closely with the General Manager on curating KCAW’s on-air content. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated person to join our team – is that you?
This full time exempt position, under the guidance and supervision of the General Manager (GM), will coordinate KCAW-FM programming and operations, manage/schedule a large volunteer program, facilitate community involvement in the station, and implement KCAW programming strategies. Raven Radio is a community radio station that provides Sitka and nearby areas with local and national news, media access and community engagement. KCAW has approximately 1,200 members, 100 volunteers, and our radio broadcasts reach more than 11,700 listeners in Southeast Alaska. KCAW is a member of CoastAlaska, a nonprofit management service organization for public radio stations in Alaska.
How to Apply
Send a resume, cover letter and up to 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position is filled. Initial screening begins May 20th, 2019.
- Coordinates volunteer program.
- Ensures the quality of KCAW’s on-air sound.
- Supervises automation and broadcast operations.
- Curates KCAW’s programming.
- Works collaboratively with other KCAW staff.
- Coordinates production services/facilities.
- Implements KCAW programming strategies.
- Ensures operational compliance.
- Monitors audience and solicits community input.
- Represents KCAW through tours and outreach opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
For more details on each of the position duties, please refer to the full position description, linked below!
The individual in this position must have the physical ability to hear, speak clearly and audibly, and operate standard office and radio broadcast equipment, with or without accommodation. Position requires work at a computer more than 50 percent of the time.
This role reports directly to the General Manager. The Program Coordinator supervises 100+ volunteer programmers and producers.
- Knowledge of and passion for community radio and KCAW’s mission.
- Ability to work under pressure and to work well with a wide variety of people.
- Strong production and on-air performance skills.
- A strong commitment to community involvement, creative radio, public information, audience building and promotion techniques.
- Demonstrated volunteer coordination and interpersonal skills, using effective verbal and written communication.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in the use of audio editing software. Has a demonstrated capacity and willingness to learn programming technologies quickly.
- Technical knowledge of radio broadcast related equipment and audio equipment preferred.
- Ability to work with, train and support a diverse group of people and the ability to explain technical matters to non-technical beginners.
- A minimum of one year radio experience with emphasis on community radio. Similar or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and extra hours as necessary. This role is responsible for emergency coverage and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and appreciation of a wide variety of musical genres.
Full time, exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience, starting at $37,050. Competitive benefits including health insurance, paid leave, retirement plan. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.