Love Sitka? Love radio? Want to design the annual mug? Raven Radio seeks enthusiastic, self-motivated team member to coordinate our fundraising efforts.
The KCAW Development Coordinator is responsible for working with the General Manager to create and implement a plan and strategies to provide financial support for the activities of the station.
Raven Radio is a community radio station that provides Sitka and nearby areas with local and national news, media access and community engagement. KCAW has approximately 1,200 members, 100 volunteers, and our radio broadcasts reach more than 11,700 listeners in Southeast Alaska. KCAW is a member of CoastAlaska, a nonprofit management service organization for public radio stations in Alaska.
- Solicits business support. Develops and implements plan to seek corporate and business support in the form of on-air drive matches and in-kind donations. Can come from local, regional, statewide, and national sources.
- Develops underwriting support. Solicits and secures on-air and online underwriting from businesses, corporations, and nonprofit organizations. Prepares and maintains underwriting contracts. Records, produces, schedules, and airs announcements and underwriting spots.
- Coordinates KCAW’s membership program. Organizes, oversees, and coordinates on-air and online membership and pledge drives. Organizes all support structures for the drive, including volunteers, food, messaging. Partners deeply with CoastAlaska Membership Coordinator.
- Develops and executes fundraising events. Organizes, oversees, and coordinates special fundraising events. Creates sponsorship opportunities. Works with teams of staff members and volunteers.
- Partners on major gift cultivation. Works with the General Manager to develop and implement membership stewardship initiatives, including building relationships with major donors. Accurately tracks contacts & gifts.
- Assists in grant writing efforts. Proofreads and edits grant applications, provides content suggestions.
- Communicates with donors and volunteers. Coordinates volunteer involvement in KCAW’s fundraising efforts. Recruits community members to support on-air, online, and in-person initiatives.
- Develops annual fundraising plan. Creates and implements a yearly development/fundraising plan and timeline with the General Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
This role reports directly to the General Manager. This position occasionally supervises KCAW volunteers.
- Strong sales and marketing skills.
- Professional appearance and confidence speaking in public and on-air.
- Excellent organizational, time management and teamwork skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English. Demonstrated ability to edit and proofread.
- Experience in producing copy for digital, print and broadcast channels a plus.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, data entry and social media management. Have an understanding of how to use Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Audition, and Google Drive.
- Experience in nonprofit fundraising is strongly preferred.
- Experience in community/public broadcasting a plus, specifically around audio production.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and work independently in a dynamic environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; post-secondary degree preferred.
Salary starts at $37,570. This position is classified full time exempt with sick and annual leave as well as health and retirement benefits. KCAW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a resume, cover letter and up to 3 references to email@example.com. Applications accepted until position is filled. Initial screening begins May 21st, 2020.