KCAW is required by the Federal Communications Act to establish a Community Advisory Board (CAB). The Community Advisory Board meets every other month and meetings will be announced on air and on the website at least two weeks beforehand. The meetings are open to the public.
The mission of KCAW’s Community Advisory Board is to contribute to a dynamic conversation about what a commitment to community means for KCAW’s programming, partnerships, and presence, both on-air and off.
KCAW seeks Community Advisory Board members who bring ideas, relationships, passion and follow-through, and are able to envision KCAW as a cultural institution as well as a broadcaster. The time commitment is expected to be one hour a month for meetings, plus the time needed to complete CAB-identified projects. The CAB will create a monthly report to the Raven Radio Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging in robust discussion about the role of public radio and how KCAW can best serve all our communities of license, including translator communities.
- Providing feedback on programming, including advising station leadership in setting programming goals and evaluating on-air programs.
- Helping KCAW to see opportunities for community engagement and voice in alignment with the station’s strategic priorities.
- Auditioning interstitial content (audio pieces under 10 minutes in length) and making recommendations.
- Informing and drafting a ‘show proposal’ process for new programs, identifying underrepresented voices and areas where KCAW can better meet our mission.
- Conducting focus groups and other audience fact-finding/assessment activities, focusing on quantifiable, measurable data collection.
If you’d like to become a member of the CAB, or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our CAB meetings are on the 3rd Sunday of each month, starting at 12 PM.
CAB members include:
- Jeanne Stolberg
- John Herchenrider
- Kieth Dean
- Noah Galarza
- Noah Medeiros
- Juan Cediel
- Emma Froelich