Dear KCAW Listeners,
Do you have a romantic crush to confess?
Maybe to your significant other, your wife of thirty years or your boyfriend of three days? Or maybe it’s someone you bump into all the time at the grocery store. Or that person who once served you coffee – with a smile? Basically, do you have a declaration of love you’d like to get off your chest?
Sitka Love Notes is a one-day project dedicated to getting those messages out. We’ll read your tributes and your secret memos on-air throughout Valentine’s Day, Saturday, February 14th, just like Muskeg Messages. And if you want to record your own, we’ll play that, too.
Here are two ways to participate:
- Write a love note and address it to someone specific (e.g. your husband, your girlfriend, your barber, your dog, your mystery crush, etc — it can include their name, or not. Your call.) Include whether you want your identity to be kept secret on air. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’d like to record your message, we’ll play it on air. Let’s face it – what better way to surprise your sweetie?
- Call 747-5879 and leave your love note as a message in the voice mail box of Winter Fellow Emily Kwong (ext. 7).
- Keep it under a minute in length, please! Thirty seconds is even better. And make sure to pause for 10 seconds before recording! We don’t want to cut you off.
- Leave your name and number, so we can get in touch with any questions.
We’ll play your message during regularly scheduled music programming. Happy writing!