Love Sitka? Want to support one of the best radio stations in the US? Raven Radio seeks an enthusiastic, self-motivated team member to join our team as our full-time Development Director.
The KCAW Development Director is responsible for working with the General Manager to create and implement a plan and strategies to provide financial support for the activities of the station. The Development Director works with KCAW and CoastAlaska staff, as well as volunteers, to meet fundraising goals.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a motivated, community-minded individual who has a passion for KCAW’s mission. Our goal is to create – and maintain – a work environment where people collaborate, share ideas, support one another, and otherwise lift each other up.
If you have these qualities, this job is for you:
- Familiarity with KCAW and Southeast Alaska: We’re looking for someone who understands some of the history, sound, and programming of Raven Radio and knows about the region we serve.
- Teamwork: The Development Coordinator works with the Volunteer Coordinator and Operations Director on programming adjustments, food donations, and volunteer scheduling for on air drives – we support each other.
- Service-oriented: you like to help others. You feel comfortable working with people of all skill levels, across a whole spectrum of accommodations.
- Organized: you can keep track of many projects and follow through on deadlines. You also can ask for help when you see a need for it.
- Willing to grow: you are open to different ideas and ways of working, and accept meaningful feedback.
- Versatile: you are comfortable with working alone and working with others on a variety of projects.
- Switching gears: you feel comfortable with multitasking and working on several projects at once.
- Relationship-focused: you are empathetic and a good listener.
- Organizes KCAW’s On-Air Membership Drives. Organizes all support structures for our fundraising drives. This includes recruiting, scheduling, and training on-air pitchers and phone bank volunteers, soliciting and scheduling matches, selecting, ordering, and fulfilling thank you gifts. Monitors pitching, providing meaningful feedback for people on air.
- Coordinates KCAW’s membership program. Organizes, oversees, and coordinates communications with KCAW’s member donors. Drafts direct mail and email solicitations. Creates branding and messaging for seasonal fundraising campaigns. Partners deeply with CoastAlaska Membership Coordinator. Produces pre-recorded fundraising content.
- Solicits business support. Develops and implements a plan to seek corporate and business support in the form of on-air drive matches and in-kind donations. Can come from local, regional, statewide, and national sources.
- Develops underwriting support. Solicits and secures on-air and online underwriting from businesses, corporations, and nonprofit organizations. Prepares and maintains underwriting contracts. Records, produces, schedules, and airs announcements.
- Develops and executes fundraising events. Organizes, oversees, and coordinates special fundraising events that meet KCAW’s mission, revenue, and community health needs. Creates sponsorship opportunities for local businesses. Works with teams of staff members, volunteers, and vendors.
- Partners on major gift cultivation. Works with the General Manager to develop and implement membership stewardship initiatives, including building relationships with major donors. Accurately tracks contacts & gifts.
- Oversees KCAW’s retail store. Promotes and strategizes retail sales, including in-house and online stores. Works with Retail Coordinator to maintain inventory and fulfill orders.
- Assists in grant writing efforts: Proofreads and edits grant applications, provides content suggestions.
- Develops an annual fundraising plan. Creates and implements a yearly development/fundraising plan and timeline with the General Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
This role reports directly to the General Manager. This role works closely with the Fundraising & Events Committee, as well as other part-time or contract development staff.
Salary starts at $45,620 yearly – DOE for applicants with development experience. This position is classified full-time, exempt, with benefits. KCAW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a resume, cover letter and up to 3 references to email@example.com. Applications accepted until position is filled. Screening is ongoing, but please submit your materials before 2/28 – we look forward to meeting you soon!